Photo

Nintendo 64 And GameBoy Advance Games Coming To Wii U Virtual Console

Wii U Virtual Console Nintendo 64 GameBoy Advance GameCube Pokemon GameBoy Colour Nintendo 3DS eShop

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

The Wii U Virtual Console officially launched yesterday and, so far, includes only NES and Super NES games. Nintendo promises that, in the future, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo 64 titles will be added to the service. When they are released on Wii U, Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Advance games will feature off-TV play, which means you’ll be able to play them on your GamePad controller – without the need for a TV screen. Let’s hope Nintendo confirms that Nintendo GameCube games will also be added to the Wii U Virtual Console.

Source: http://mynintendonew...irtual-console/

Oh dear I really hope they don't leave the GameCube out I want Pokemon Collusseum and XD so bad, I need the GameBoy Advance Pokemon game goodness especially Pokemon Emerald too.

Hey kind of off topic but I wonder why Nintendo have not put the old GameBoy Colour Pokemon games on the 3DS? Do you know how hard it is to find copies of those games second hand that arn't bootlegged, if you buy them brand new the prices ain't exactly cheap either. Also the internal batteries in the old cartridge games are starting to die meaning you can't save your game. If this keeps up the first 2 Generations of Pokemon will die and the original games will be impossible to get legally, someone at Nintendo needs their head banged, especially as it's like one of their most popular franchises. What do you guys think?

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

I think if they were put the older Pokemon games on the VC, they would use the remakes rather than the original versions. The reason I think this is the reason is because of the possible game-breaking glitches in the original Red & Blue games, the clock ran on the battery on the Gold & Silver. Then there's the issue with trading. It's impossible to complete the games 100% without at least trading once. Either way, I think it's more likely they would use the newer of versions of the first games than the original versions. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

@Magiciandude, I'm sure they could rework the games to allow online trades. Well I wish they could, I couldn't give a crap about missing a few Pokemon otherwise, I just want the damn games lol

#4 Sdav89

Sdav89

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

I would welcome the N64 007 goldeneye that would be brilliant.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Aye Bring the Gamecube Games! i don't have ANYTHING to play gamecube games on :(

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

@Chrop; Indeed, me niether.

#7 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hopefully they will, but don't expect games like Mario Sunshine.

FmEkJ2.gif

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

I really hope they bring the Pokemon games to 3DS Eshop, and I do think they will bring HC games to E shop as well, probably after E3 or they will have a late year ND to announce it.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

wii_u_gamepad_black-580x358.jpg

Edited by VGCrasher, 27 April 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#10 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

As much as I'd love GC games, if it doesn't happen I don't think I'd flip out. I didn't even think we'd get GBA games on the Wii U. It seems like that's more for the 3DS. Either way, I'm happy we're getting both N64 and GBA, I missed out on a lot of both.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

Majora's Mask on my GamePad? ALL OF MY YES.

#12 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

I too expect GC games to arrive.

My biggest concern is what games will arrive. Somehow there`s a ton of NES, SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis games, but N64 games are in a very small number and basically Nintendo developed or published titles.

Some of N64`s biggest games aren`t there and my fear is that it will remain that way. That and that the same will happen to both GBA and GC. Which would be a shame! :unsure:

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Hopefully they will, but don't expect games like Mario Sunshine.

Why not?

Hopefully the N64 games cost around 8 pounds and maybe 6 pounds for the GBA games.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

I too expect GC games to arrive.

My biggest concern is what games will arrive. Somehow there`s a ton of NES, SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis games, but N64 games are in a very small number and basically Nintendo developed or published titles.

Some of N64`s biggest games aren`t there and my fear is that it will remain that way. That and that the same will happen to both GBA and GC. Which would be a shame! :unsure:

i think most of the N64 and later games are still under copyright and/or franchises owned by other companies, that sayed no. 007 goldeneye and DK 64 dont show up because rare made them and rare was bought my microsoft, and now rare mostly makes crappy kenect games. dont know y DK64 isnt on because its a ninty owned franchise but rare is apparently enough.  

i hope they bring more support for later platforms though, even though a emulater should be capable of copy and pasting the game on.

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

i think most of the N64 and later games are still under copyright and/or franchises owned by other companies, that sayed no. 007 goldeneye and DK 64 dont show up because rare made them and rare was bought my microsoft, and now rare mostly makes crappy kenect games. dont know y DK64 isnt on because its a ninty owned franchise but rare is apparently enough.  

i hope they bring more support for later platforms though, even though a emulater should be capable of copy and pasting the game on.

I understand not getting those games, as Rare is owned by MS.

But there are so many other games that could appear on VC... and if they are not there, it`s hard to imagine that companies that made N64 games and aren`t willing to put them there are going to greenlight GC and GBA games.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thank's for your opinions guys keep em coming, you all had really good points and interesting posts, thank you :)

#17 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

I want gamecube animal crossing!

#18 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Why not?

Hopefully the N64 games cost around 8 pounds and maybe 6 pounds for the GBA games.

Well, not without a workaround.
It used analog, Wiii U has digital (triggers)

FmEkJ2.gif

#19 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

oh my god whats nintendo thinking

maybe they are doing it because theres no good games coming out on it 

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Gimme my StarFox adventures and it's fine for me...

*Gets ready for a flame war.*

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Virtual Console, Nintendo 64, GameBoy Advance, GameCube, Pokemon, GameBoy Colour, Nintendo 3DS, eShop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!